Grant County Concrete Company’s Concrete’s Quality Control Department exists to respond to our customers needs for concrete products that are easily placed and perform according to your expectations. We employ quality personnel who have the education, training, and experience to provide you the expertise necessary for your concrete questions and needs. From specification review, mix designing and proportioning, performing trial mixes and statistical analysis, to job-site placement, our challenge is to supply you with products that are both superiorly functional and cost-effective.
Today’s fast-paced construction requires efficiency and labor saving measures. We strive to
keep pace with our customers needs by using the latest technology available, both in product quality and delivery. We provide:
- Mix design development and samples when needed
- On-site concrete testing
- Technical support before and after concrete placement
- Monitoring of concrete placement and quality
- Performing trial mixes for colored concrete projects
- Evaluating and recommending solutions to concrete problems
We have numerous performance mixes and are the market leader in all high-strength concrete, as well as decorative concrete. Whether you need concrete for a patio or a commercial building , we can help. Our high-strength and performance concrete are designed to help improve strength and durability, make ease placement and finishing, provide dependable initial set times, as well as reducing your costs. Each of our Quality Control representatives are ACI, and KRMCA certified. We provide only the best. Please contact us at Grant County Concrete for any of your concrete concerns.
- Unneeded water will lower concrete’s overall strength.
- Can lower durability and increasing possibility for drying shrinkage.
- Can reduce water tightness.
Placing concrete in hot weather can become troublesome. Water demand is increased and set times become faster. Here are a few hot weather concreting tips:
- Use of chilled water in the mix is recommended. This reduces concrete temperature.
- Addition of retarding admixtures. This will provide additional set times.
- Dampen subgrade and wood forms. Doing this will discourage water loss from the concrete.
- Start curing immediately after finishing.
- Avoid clear plastic covers.
Like hot weather, placing concrete in colder temperatures can alter the characteristics of concrete during placement. Concrete will set slower in colder temperatures.
- Thaw frozen ground before placing concrete. The ground can pull the heat from the concrete.
- Addition of accelerating admixtures. Accelerators speed up set times.
- Use of hot water in the concrete mix. Works well with accelerators.
- Do not rush form removal. Colder temperatures require more time to hydrate.
Grant County Concrete Company Inc. was founded in 1958 by Robert Zapp. He created the company with the intention to deliver high-quality ready-mixed concrete to the local builders. Providing excellent service has always been our main goal. Robert’s son, William Zapp took ownership in the early 90’s and the company continues the same commitments to satisfy the customer with the world’s greatest building material, Concrete. In 2001, we expanded our service area to form Gallatin County Ready Mix in an effort to be a full service provider in the Northern Kentucky area. With these two plants and 15 front-end Oshkosh trucks, we can serve even the largest customer, or a homeowner looking to update their residence. We take great pride in serving our community today and look forward to supplying your ready-mix needs in the future. Please contact us today for a quote.
Service is the lifeblood of any organization. Everything flows from it and is nourished by it. Customer service is not a department…..It is an attitude.
At Grant County Concrete Co., our Customer Service Representatives are customer solution providers. They are a friendly group of knowledgeable and courteous people who coordinate and schedule your concrete pours, as well as providing support for your every concern. With strategically located plants, and our talented group of people, our Customer Service has a direct goal.
Our Goal: To Provide You With First Class Service
Our educated and professional Customer Service Team have some of the best technology in the industry. These systems aide in providing precise directions and helping the delivery professional to and into the job, as well as helping find alternative routes when needed.
If viewing on mobile device, please turn your phone to landscape (horizontal/widescreen) to use calculators.